Monday, October 15, 2007

Trick or Treat; Smell My Feet...


I was all excited when I pulled this out of my stash from here. I thought that I would love to get it done for Socktoberfest and SAM4. It is The Pumpkin Patch kit from one of Blackberry Ridge's Sock of the Month Collections. (You can purchase the kit separately, as I did).
Anyway, I believe the trick is on me. The yarn is 100% wool in what they call medium weight. It has a nice feel and loft; the colors are great, brown and the orange is a bit duller in person than in the photo. The pattern is adorable and looks like fun to do. So what's the trick?
The problem is, the yarn is a lot heavier than I am used to knitting socks with and I know that I would be way too warm in them with the double stranding of the colorwork. Hence, I don't want people to be able to "smell my feet". :-O I am done with the leg and am starting the heel. I may just finish the rest of the sock out of pattern and with one yarn to make it less dense. It is a really thick sock! It could practically stand up on its own! I am curious to see if it softens a bit with washing. Or it may be the socks that never get done. I'm not sure that I'd wear them. I am definately going to put them on the backburner for awhile. However, in the spirit of the season, I wanted to share the cute jack o' lanterns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I've got to get kicking on some socks myself. Thx for the inspiration! : )