Thursday, October 25, 2007

Finally! A Project to Do!!

When I signed up for Spun Stitches, I went through my stash to see what I already had spun to make a shawl. I found this 4 oz skein of BFL, approx 706 yards, single ply between lace and fingering weight. I have been looking for a pattern to knit with it. The other day, I was reading the group posts and I saw the mention of MysticWatersKAL. It was an "AHA" moment. I loved the name of the shawl and the color of the yarn seemed to fit. However, I needed 1200 meters. So back I went into the stash. You have to realize that most of my stash is buried in boxes from a recent move and it is not easily accessible. Anyway, not only did I find another 4 oz of roving that I dyed at the same time but also some beads that would match! EUREKA!! It was serendipity!!
So here is the skein wound into a ball waiting to be cast on and here is the ball of roving waiting to be spun. I know what I'm doing this weekend. I want to spin the second skein so that I can alternate the two skeins in the shawl in case of any variance in thickness of the yarn. If I spin the second skein at approx the same lace to fingering weight, I should have just a teeny bit over what I need for the shawl. Blind faith I tell you! (Not only in the spinning but in the knitting...it's a mystery shawl. ) Keep your fingers crossed! I am excited to be knitting this. I tell you it was meant to be! Haha.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

That is beautiful yarn and it's going to make a gorgeous shawl!