Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Change of Scenery

I've had a "little one" home from school for the past two days with a 102 degree temp. She decided to reside in the sitting area off the kitchen where she had the dubious honor of "Queen of the Remote Control." This is my usual spinning area where I can watch hummingbirds, birds and critters out this window. Don't you just love Mother Nature's valance curtains? I do. Anyway, after being overloaded with cartoons, I decided for sanity's sake to try a new venue.
I moved my spinning wheel to the living room. It was a blustery rainy day and this was the view from the front window. A little dreary and not many critters out today except for a few hardy birds, chipmunks and squirrels. Usually we have a deer gathering and squirrel a palooza going on. However, if I looked out the back window, this was the gorgeous view taken at the same dreary time of day with no sunlight. Mother Nature is awesome! It just made the day seem so much brighter. What an impact a slightly different view makes! Hmm...maybe that's a lesson to be remembered in everyday life. I hope you have a bright spot in your dreary days too!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Beautiful setting!