Thursday, October 25, 2007

FO: BOOtiful Socks :-D

Finished!! My first attempt at 2 socks on circular needles; see previous posts. The pattern is Peaks & Valleys socks by Mountain Colors. The yarn is Mountain Colors Bearfoot color Sapphire Trail. It is navy with bits of orange, red and green throughout. Very nice color for this time of year; mysteriously dark and spooky :-D The yarn is 60% Superwash Wool, 25% Mohair, and 15% Nylon. It has a cushy, slightly fuzzy feel and will be nice and cozy to wear. Especially since it is 37 degrees right now as I type this. BRRR!! Fall is here, folks!
Finishing 2 pairs of socks this week, my new sock bag is empty. I love this little bag from Knowknits; I purchased mine from here. I LOVE collecting different bags for knitting and the hot pink of this one really made me smile. It is a lightweight nylon bag which has a snap clip if you want to attach it to a purse or your beltloop if you walk and knit. (Okay, how many people actually do that? It's kind of like rubbing your stomach and patting your head.) Also there is a small loop inside to run your yarn thru so the yarn ball stays down in the bag and there are no tangles. It's a fun little bag.


Updates: Since I mentioned Socks on Sunday posts, have you noticed that it hasn't worked out that way? Oh well! Sometimes life gets in the way of our better plans. And although I don't have any socks on the needles right now....oooh the horrors! Don't worry; I have enough sock yarn to last centuries and I'll be starting a new pair soon!


Also re: Pumpkin Patch socks...they will be frogged and going to a knitting friend of mine who loves them and wants to make them for herself. I love it when things can go to a good home!
The socks that were my trick will be her treat. Such a deal! Happy knitting, everyone!

No comments: