Saturday, October 13, 2007

Noro Scarves in Progress


I should be spinning, I should be socking, what I have been doing is scarfing. (not food, although the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies have been disappearing much too quickly :-) I was cruising Ravelry and I saw two scarves that I wanted to try. So on Monday, I grabbed three balls of Noro Silk Garden #244 and started the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer. It is a quick and fun scarf to knit with all garter stitch and I am 2/3 finished just picking it up here and there this week. I'll post it when it is finished. Hopefully, I can get a better picture; it is really dreary today.




As if one scarf project were not enough, I became fascinated by this striped Noro scarf also found on Ravelry. A neat feature of Ravelry (if you haven't joined yet, you may want to get on the list), is that they have pictures of FO's or WIP's of certain patterns people are doing. So instead of doing a web search through a lot of blogs, you can pull up a file and see for example, 100's of color combinations for this scarf. I was fascinated by the play of the colors; it looked like so much fun! So I just had to cast on!

Last night (Friday), I gathered 4 balls of Noro Silk Garden: 2 of #86, and one each of #244 and #245 and started this scarf done in 1 x 1 ribbing. It is a surprise scarf because you don't know what color combinations are going to line up with each other. I am excited to see what happens which is a good thing because it will be finished faster that way! Haha. I'll share more pictures as it progresses. I can already see me trying at least another one of these in a different colorway, or two or three...heehee.

In the meantime, check out Ravelry or you can also see an explanation and a GOBSMACKING GORGEOUS!! example on this blog. Thank you so much Ravelry and Jared for the awesome inspiration! I'm off to knit!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Beautiful scarves! I did a multi-directional swatch in a class one time. It's like magic.