Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Shopping My Stash

Hey! When yarn speaks; who am I to argue? Especially when it can spell with coordinating beads!! Such a deal!! This is going to be my Mystic Waters Shawl. As the clues, keep coming, I am getting further behind so I decided I don't want to spin and dye for it right now. I'm too busy with other things. However, I want to be knitting at least part of this with the KAL group. I was looking thru my stash and here was this beautiful 100% wool laceweight, in Denim colorway from here . It had been a Shoalwater Shawl in progress that was stalled. RIP!! I was ecstatic to have the yarn work so well for my new project! I guess cleaning closets can be fun. Yeah right...okay only sometimes! :-P


I have been shopping my stash or The Lee Store as my husband says. I've been in the mood to reorganize projects and STUFF!! If it is a WIP that I've stalled on, do I want to finish it or frog it? Is this a yarn that I still really love or can I find another use for it? Etc., etc., etc. I happily frogged a shawl in progress for my wonderful SIL. She had some health issues recently and I wanted to knit her a "hug" but I stalled out on the project. It was turning out beautiful but then I really got to thinking that maybe she wasn't the triangular shawl kind of gal. However, she had picked out this STR colorway of Chapman Springs as her fave so I wanted to make something she'd use and love. So I ripped out the triangular shawl and then started a rectangular simple lacey stole/scarf. However, I was not pleased with the pooling of the colors. So having just finished the Peaks & Valleys sock pattern from Mountain Colors, (see previous posts), I though it might work out great for a scarf. WHALAH!! I cast on and knit while I was waiting for a doctor's appointment and I am loving it and the yarn. So eventhough it will be a smaller item, I think it will get more use. I hope she loves it because it still is a "hug" and well wishes for someone I love dearly.


1 comment:

Sonya said...

You know, when yarn speaks, what else can you do? I love rediscovering yarn in my stash. It took me a whole day, but I put it all on Ravelry so I can dig through it virtually. Love that.