Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday Eye Candy: A FO!!

This is the Noro Silk Garden 1 x 1 ribbing scarf that I posted in October. You can read more details there. I did make some minor changes to Jared's pattern. I cast on 40 stitches on size 6 needles and slipped the first stitch of every row for a nice edging. Finished size unblocked is 6" x 78". I can't wait to feel how the yarn softens with a gentle soak.
It was a lot of fun to knit because the colors line up in unexpected surprises. It was a relaxing easy project for the times when I just wanted to mindless knitting to relax in front of the tv or in the car.

Unfortunately my pictures cannot show the depth of the colorways. It really is a lot darker in person. I named it my "Fall Into Winter Scarf" because the colors go from bronze/brown/golds/greens/rust/reds to cooler colors of teals/turquoise/purple/grey/black. I rarely do a project twice. However, I might have to cast on another one of these since it is fun to play with the different colorways!! :-D

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Beautiful scarf, Lee! For all the lovely Noro that LeaAnn carries, I haven't knit with it yet. I don't know if I'll make there today or not. I expected to be on my way by now, but Kevin hasn't even left FW yet. (He has the pleasure today of taking his aunt to a doctor's appointment.) Oh well, maybe next week.