Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spindling Bliss


Now this is the way to start a day! It was a beautiful cool quiet morning. Before the kids awoke, I slipped outside to enjoy the birdsong and the warmth of the sun coming up over the trees. Watching the silky strands of fiber glittering in dappled sunlight, feeling the zen of a blissful moment with my spindle, I eased into a new day...

This roving has a grand plan on what it wants to become; it wants to be the "Misty Morning Shawl" designed by Sharon Winsaur. "Okay", I said gently, knowing that all great dreams start with a single step. "Let's enjoy this time together."



So spin I will; not counting the hours, not wishing away the time,... to live in the moment enjoying the process, spending quiet time with my self and my friend, spindle.

No comments: