Monday, February 2, 2009

A Spinner's Legos?

I'm building clouds...square, rectangular fleecy clouds...blocks to build an igloo or maybe a castle... Doesn't it look like a spinner's dream Lego??

I have been washing fleece and in an attempt to protect it at night from kitties who may snuggle in it, drag it around the house and/or become amorous with it, (Yes, my male cats, Tigger and Jaguar are enamored with the soft warm clean fleece.) I stored it in a laundry basket overnight. The next day, when I went to spread it out for an additional day of drying, this is the shape that occurred. Very cool!



Spanky, the wonderful Finn who donated his fleece, was washed last spring. However, he was put aside to be rewashed at a later date since the tips of the wool were still dirty. So I proceeded to open the locks and rewash in small batches. Here he is drying by the furnace vent in all his radiant washed glory.



In an attempt to knit, spin, dye and create more this coming year, I finished washing Spanky and sent him off to the mill with some of his other wooly friends who have been taking up residence in my home. They will be processed into roving. I hope to receive this batch back by the end of February. I will post before and after pictures at that time. In the meantime, I am anxiously awaiting some great spinning days ahead full of wonderful fibery goodness!

No comments: