Friday, January 23, 2009

January


When January comes and the snow blankets the ground, I tend to "hibernate" after a busy holiday season.

It's a time for finishing projects and taking inventory of knitting and spinning works in progress, unfinished objects and ideas for new projects that I want to start. Sometimes I feel like I'm buried with things to do.

Then little by little as I "whittle" away, needles clicking, spinning wheel whirling, projects do eventually get finished one by one. I start to see a bit of daylight. AND dream of things to come in the new year.

5 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

Did you take these photos? Because if so, your talents extend WAY beyond knitting! :)

BAAbins said...

Thank you so much, Jessica.

Yes, I have taken all the photos on my blog. I don't have any real experience. I just have a simple digital camera that I am still learning to use and download. I am drawn to nature and I love to try to capture it.

Thanks again for your kind comment.

Kathy said...

Beautiful pictures. I also understand about hybernating this time of the year. Wish I could knit more, currently I am cleaning. Last year I did the same thing at this time, must be the time of year or something. Stay warm and continue to enjoy the beauty of the season.

Kathy said...

Apparently I cannot spell sorry!

BAAbins said...

Thank you, Kathy. If you are not out of your cleaning mode yet, I have plenty that would keep you busy! Haha. When I am in a knitting or spinning mode, cleaning takes second stage unfortunately. Oh well!