Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ta Da! Another Redo!

From this...






To this...



Remember the Handspun BFL from February 2008 blog post? It started off as a "Blue Jean Lace Leaf Shawl". It was about 1/3rd of the way finished when it was put away for summer. (Sorry, the picture only shows the start of the shawl.)

The Summer issue of "Spin Off Magazine" came and showed Evelyn Clark's "Old Shale Shawl" and immediately I thought of that handspun! The shawl pattern reminded me of waves and yarn over "bubbles" and the yarn colors spoke to me of surf and sand. I knew they would be great together. However, I really loved knitting the lace leaf shawl. So it sat and it sat until I finally got the courage to rip it out and start the "Old Shale". I am very pleased. It's on the list of must finish!!

Hey! This rip, redo and reuse my stash is getting quite fun!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Me likey! Perfect combination of yarn and pattern.

BAAbins said...

Thank you so much, Sonya! It's the first thing that I've cast on with my handspun for me.