Monday, February 2, 2009

Rip, Rip, Redo, Recreate and Rainbows

I have been reassessing my stash lately and my unfinished projects. My goal is to determine which ones deserve my time and talent. Those are the ones that I will truly love to work on and will truly enjoy for years to come. Some stash or some projects just don't inspire me anymore, so those will be weeded out or maybe recreated into something I do love. Things change, ideas change, priorities change, people change...it's all a process...

Well, WAY WAY back in my October 2007 post, I was working on a diagonal knitted scarf with Noro Silk Garden color #224. I loved the yarn and the scarf pattern was a delight to knit. However the yarn color combination and the way it knitted up, really looked awful with my coat. So I ripped out the yarn right after I finished the scarf and saved it for later...



This weekend, inspiration hit! And now those couple of balls of Noro told me that they wanted to be part of a cardigan! Imagine that! So who am I to argue? Cast on I did! Add one more WIP to the knitting basket!



Often I find that something I am inspired to work on, shows up in nature around me, whether it is a certain color, a certain pattern, etc. Look what showed up on my kitchen floor this morning...



I guess I'm seeing stripes!

No comments: